
As crazy as it sounds, we now have a pet kitten. We rescued this stray kitten from being sent to an overcrowed local animal shelter. The kids came up with her name: Asoka, we call her Soka (with a long "o"). Any of you with boys should recognize this name from Star Wars- The Clone Wars. Throughout my life I have considered myself only a dog person. Love dogs, not cats. So having a cat is an entirely weird experience for me and I'm liking it. My kids are IN LOVE with Soka and have literally smothered her with love. I've had to set the timer for a "hands of the cat" period to give her a break. It's fun to see how much my boys nurture her, protect her, and feel responsible for her. Today we had co-op at our house and just before the families arrived Jared took Soka into his room to play with her. When he heard the doorbell ring and kids come in, he came out of his room, shut the door so the cat couldn't leave his room and made this announcement to our guests, "If anyone would like to see our kitten, you must enter my room now." Mr. Protector and Nurturer! I love that about Jared.
No comments:
Post a Comment